Go All Out to Raise Funds—$20,000 by March 25, 2015 To Make a Big Deal of the Launch of the New Film:
REVOLUTION AND RELIGION
The Fight for Emancipation and the Role of Religion
A DIALOGUE BETWEEN CORNEL WEST & BOB AVAKIAN
Updated March 16, 2015 | Revolution Newspaper | revcom.us
$20,000 is needed by March 25—to fund the launch of the new film and the beginning of major promotion:
- Online social media and website advertising projecting the message to WATCH ON MARCH 28... with a focus on youth and students
- Saturating key areas with promotional palm cards, posters, and selective advertising in major cities
- Production costs for the film—2-DVD sets for broad distribution in schools, neighborhoods, for group screenings of all kinds.
$20,000 by March 25:
Everyone’s contribution is needed and every contribution will matter
Giving generously to REVOLUTION AND RELIGION will give huge numbers of people the chance to experience Bob Avakian through this film up close—digging into why revolution is necessary, possible, and can bring about a radically new world, and to see BA and Cornel West deeply wrestle with one of the biggest questions facing humanity today. They model a morality that refuses to accept injustice, that pours heart and soul into standing together for a radically new and different world. Every donation contributes to spreading this ethos that is so urgently needed.
EVERYONE can raise funds: from bake sales and tamale sales in the neighborhoods to several-hundred-dollar donations from professionals to several-thousand-dollar donations from those with more money. Everyone who is learning about this film or about Bob Avakian for the first time, everyone who has been active in the movement for revolution for some time, every BA Everywhere Committee that is dedicated to raising funds to making the work and leadership of BA known everywhere... Everyone. Here are some basic ideas for how to raise funds:
- Do a fundraising project with a group of people in a neighborhood, school, or at your job. SHOW the trailer and the YouTube excerpt to give people a vibrant sense of what this is all about and invite them to participate. Watch the full raw-footage simulcast posted now on revcom.us as you are working together with folks on the project. See this letter from a group of people doing a “Baking for BA Everywhere” project for what this can be like: “Baking Project Challenge: Raise Funds for the Film of the Cornel West & Bob Avakian Dialogue!”
- Ask people you already know to donate. And, everywhere you go to spread the word about the film launch, ask people you are meeting to donate or to sit down with you to discuss giving.
- Ask people who are donating to tell you why. Record their statements (video or audio), or write them down. Ask people to write on a whiteboard or 8.5"x11" piece of paper: “Why I Am Donating to the Launch of the Film REVOLUTION AND RELIGION: The Fight for Emancipation and the Role of Religion; CORNEL WEST & BOB AVAKIAN and circulate pictures of themselves and their statements on their own social media. And, send in people’s pictures and their recorded comments to firstname.lastname@example.org for a “Why I Am Donating” page that everyone can learn from.
Be in touch with the national BA Everywhere campaign for help and to share experience. Email to email@example.com. We’ll post correspondence so that everyone can learn from our collective experience. This will help move the campaign toward the goal. Check back here often to see where we are in relation to raising $20,000 by March 25.
25 percent of the goal has been reached—LET'S GO!
If you like this article, subscribe, donate to and sustain Revolution newspaper.