Revolution #89, May 20, 2007
Volunteer for Revolution Newspaper!
As part of Revolution's six-month expansion and fund drive, we are calling for volunteers for our newspaper—both the print edition and online editions. In these urgent times, there is great need for this newspaper to make leaps in the quality of its content, and to be out there much more boldly and much more broadly. In order for this to happen, weneed volunteers to contribute to different facets of the newspaper.
Right now, there is a particularly pressing need for volunteers to strengthen Revolution's online presence. We need people to contribute as web designers, administrators, proofreaders and various other aspects of our online presence—to help make revcom.us more dynamic, more accessible, and more interactive for people who rely on the web for news and analysis.
We need volunteers who can help in the production of the print edition: graphic artists, layout designers, proofreaders, etc.
Important ways that you can contribute:
* Distributors—get Revolution newspaper out on a regular basis where you live, work, go to school, etc., and/or at special events like concerts, protests, book fairs, and so on.
* Translators—help improve the Spanish edition so that Revolution can reach a wider bilingual audience in the U.S. and the Spanish-speaking world.
* Writers—cover a wide range of stories and address the burning questions of the times.
* Photographers—capture through photographs, the power, beauty, intensity, and human emotions in the stories of today.
* Publicity and marketing people—get the word out about Revolution to a broader audience.
* Volunteers for the Prisoners Revolutionary Literature Fund—be part of getting Revolution out to hundreds of prisoners around the country.
People can work as volunteers from wherever they are. Particular skills are helpful but not a requirement, if there is a strong desire to contribute to the newspaper.
How to volunteer: Contact your local Revolution distributor, Revolution Books store, or the following address:
c/o RCP Publications
PO Box 3486 Merchandise Mart
Chicago, IL 60654-4066
If you like this article, subscribe, donate to and sustain Revolution newspaper.