Revolution #157, February 22, 2009
STOP US OCCUPATIONS &
TORTURE FOR EMPIRE!
U.S. OUT OF IRAQ & AFGHANISTAN!
NO WARS ON IRAN, PAKISTAN, GAZA!
THE WORLD CAN’T WAIT!
Come OUT to the first national protest of the wars under President Obama
THURSDAY March 19 leave work & school to PROTEST the 6th anniversary of the Iraq War.
SATURDAY March 21 at the Pentagon.
Barack Obama says he will:
- leave 80,000 troops, thousands of private contractors, and 17 permanent bases in Iraq;
- send 30,000 more troops into Afghanistan, leading to more killings of civilians;
- keep sending robot drones over Pakistan, killing more civilians;
- deploy nuclear carriers with enough firepower to annihilate any country in the Mid East;
- support the Israeli siege on Gaza;
- keep the “secret rendition” program which Bush used to torture detainees;
- keep the government spying on citizens and continue Bush’s “state secrets” justification;
- increase the U.S. military by 92,000 troops, sending more to die for empire;
- refuse to investigate & prosecute the war & torture crimes of the Bush regime.
The election of the first Black president is effectively re-branding preemptive and illegal wars of aggression to make us feel good about them, enlisting us to “serve and sacrifice” for horrors we have no reason to support.
The U.S. war on Afghanistan is an unjust war of aggression—the supreme war crime, waged not to bring democracy and liberation to the Afghan people, but to control Afghanistan with the goal of permanent domination of the Middle East.
But, we don’t have to go along! It’s immoral to “wait and see” or hope for the best from Obama. If you care about humanity, get in the streets to send a message to the world that there are millions of us who don’t want these crimes carried out.
It’s time now to take action & make our demands visible everywhere.
Find actions or organize one at www.worldcantwait.org
Sign the “Letter to the Anti-War Movement”
If you like this article, subscribe, donate to and sustain Revolution newspaper.