Revolution #168, June 21, 2009
Resources, Readings, and Cultural Works on Abortion
At Revolution Newspaper
- The Deadly Illusion of “Common Ground” on Abortion: Response to Obama’s speech at Notre Dame on common ground and abortion” by Sunsara Taylor, Revolution, Revolution #166, May 31, 2009.
- A Fetus Is Not A Baby! (PDF poster)
- Obama’s “Common Ground”…. And Capitulation on Abortion, (10/26/08)
- Interview with Dr. Susan Wicklund, author of "This Common Secret: My Journey as an Abortion Doctor"
- What Is an Abortion and Why Women Must Have the Right to Choose: Life Cannot and Should Not Always Be Preserved, by A.S.K.
At World Can't Wait:
- Who Will Fill the Need Now that the Abortion Murders Have Resumed? by Debra Sweet, June 12, 2009
- George Tiller, A Hero for People Who Care About the Humanity of Women, by Debra Sweet, June 1, 2009
Other Online Resources:
- At Democracy Now: "Anti-Abortion Violence and Terrorism Has to Stop"-One of Last Doctors to Practice Later-Term Abortions Blasts Murder of His Friend George Tiller
- The "I am Dr. Tiller" web site, created as both a memorial to the lifework of Dr. George Tiller and as a living testimony to the courageous lives of abortion providers. You will find stories of individuals who have dedicated their lives to making abortion safe, legal, healthy, and accessible to women and girls.
Books & Movies (some available at your nearest Revolution Books, or online):
- Read the book / rent the movie, "Ciderhouse Rules"
- Read the book "This Common Secret: My Journey as an Abortion Doctor," by Dr. Susan Wicklund
- Rent the movie, "If These Walls Could Talk"
- Rent the movie, "4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days," (Romanian, with English subtitles, Romanian title: "4 luni, 3 saptamâni si 2 zile")
If you like this article, subscribe, donate to and sustain Revolution newspaper.