Revolution #209, July 26, 2010
The following call is from the Emergency Committee to Stop the Gulf Oil Disaster:
GULF OIL DISASTER
100 Days of Outrage!
Demands 100 Actions!
Cities, Towns, Communities…Globally-the environment has no borders!
Friday, July 30th 2010
- Because the oil gusher may not be capped
- Because 100-200 million gallons of oil & 2 million of dispersants still foul the Gulf
- Because wetlands, shores, wild and marine life are still threatened
- Because people's health still isn't protected
- Because the truth is still not out
- Because oil companies and government still want to "drill, baby, drill"
- Because we're not stopping until the well is sealed and the Gulf is healed
On This Day - Stand up publicly….Organize a demonstration or speak out…Spread the word so others take action…Hold signs and banners on street corners…Organize an event with a scientist, person directly affected…Have children write letters to Gulf fisher-people…Dramatize the catastrophe with street theater...Host a prayer service or vigil for the Gulf…Write a letter to your local newspaper/take out an ad…Call talk radio shows to express your outrage…Host a bike ride carrying signs through town…Leaflet your work/neighborhood with our mission statement…Host a fundraiser for The Emergency Committee to Stop the Gulf Oil Disaster…Group viewing of video from the Emergency Summit…Call the press to get coverage. (Imagine if on this day all over the world the people's response is headline news)—One person with a sign is an action!
- Use your imagination and creativity to show the world this is not tolerable! Surprise us!
Send us your plan of action and we’ll post info about your event on our "100 Days" webpage. Take pictures on that day and send them to us, with a brief report if possible.
DONATE URGENTLY NEEDED FUNDS ONLINE
If you like this article, subscribe, donate to and sustain Revolution newspaper.