Revolution #208, July 25, 2010
Spread Bob Avakian's Memoir Far and Wide!
This week, Revolution begins a series of excerpts from Bob Avakian's memoir, From Ike to Mao and Beyond: My Journey from Mainstream America to Revolutionary Communist.
And we're running these excerpts to encourage everybody to take the memoir out broadly, as part of what they do all the time, and to introduce many more people to Bob Avakian. The memoir gives a real sense of why the Message and Call of the campaign "The Revolution We Need… The Leadership We Have" says of Avakian: "He is a great champion and a great resource for people here, and indeed people all over the world."
Some ways to get the memoir out:
- Get 5-6 copies and backpack copies of the memoir as you go out to the neighborhoods, concerts, campuses, or wherever. When people want to know who this leader is, what he stands for—sell them a copy of the memoir, and make plans to get back together to discuss it.
- Get professors and teachers to use the memoir as teaching material and to write comments about their experiences.
- Put the memoir on your coffee table or bring it to work to spark discussion with friends and family.
- Tell people that audio recordings of Bob Avakian reading excerpts from his memoir are online (revcom.us/avakian/ike2mao-realaudio/ike-to-mao-intro.html).
- Write us about your experiences in taking out the memoir.
If you like this article, subscribe, donate to and sustain Revolution newspaper.