Thursday, April 29, 2021
5 pm PDT / 8 pm EDT
WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS! WE REFUSE TO ACCEPT SLAVERY IN ANY FORM! Get ready to celebrate revolutionary internationalist MAY DAY 2021.
This is our 50th episode! And at the heart of it will be "A Declaration, A Call To Get Organized Now For A Real Revolution." We must seize the time, these rare times in which revolution is possible, to organize and prepare for a real revolution to free humanity here and all over the world from this people-killing, planet-destroying, spirit-crushing system of capitalism-imperialism.
Plus, Bob Avakian on internationalism!
And the hidden story of mass G.I. resistance to the U.S.’s war against the people of Vietnam, brought alive through an interview with revolutionary Vietnam vet Joe Urgo and historical footage.
In this episode:
* Commentary from host Andy Zee on the occasion of May 1st.
* Sunsara Taylor and Andy Zee highlight sections from "A Declaration, A Call To Get Organized Now For A Real Revolution" and discuss the bold assertion that we need to get organized now for a real revolution.
*An excerpt from Bob Avakian's 2018 speech Why We Need An Actual Revolution And How We Can Really Make Revolution on what we need to do now to get organized for a real revolution.
* Revolution Clubs nationwide read the Points of Attention, which are basic principles that members uphold and live by.
* An excerpt from Bob Avakian’s 2012 speech BA Speaks: Revolution—Nothing Less! in which he discusses “internationalism” and what it means to be an internationalist.
* On the 50th anniversary of Dewey Canyon III, protests led by anti-war veterans that shook DC and the whole country, we bring you a powerful interview with Joe Urgo.
* Sunsara and Andy on GOING ALL OUT for May 1st!